Computer Science Student
Professional M.S. Computer Science & Cybersecurity, University of Rhode Island
September 2022 — May 2023
Awarded an SFS Cybercorps Scholarship, selected by a faculty committee
Computer Science B.S., University of Rhode Island
September 2018 — May 2022
Cummlative GPA: 3.57/4.0 • In-major GPA: 3.8/4.0
Relevant Coursework: Data Structures and Abstractions, Cybersecurity Fundamentals, Software Engineering, Computer Forensics, Operating Systems and Networks, Database Management Systems, Operating Systems & Networks, Computer Organization (in progress), Network and Systems Security (in progress)
Familiar: C, Rust, Python, PHP, SQL
Technologies: Intermediate: React, React Native, Next.js
Familiar: MongoDB, MariaDB/MySQL, WordPress, Docker, Git, Bash Scripting
Software: Visual Studio Code, Microsoft Office, Github, Wireshark, VMware
Interests: Cybersecurity, Web applications, IoT, Networking
A rental listing website that enables students to browse listings posted by local landlords and rental agencies. Modernized user interface and added features to a legacy in-house application.
Technologies: PHP, SQL.
A strategic variant to the classic game of Tic Tac Toe. Written in React Native and compiled for iOS.
Technologies: TypeScript, React Native.
SMS service that sends a summary alert when University of Rhode Island Health Services updates their Covid-19 dashboard.
Technologies: ExpressJS, Google App Engine.
Teaching Assistant, Computer Science Department, University of Rhode Island
Sept 2019 — Present
Lead Teaching Assistant for CSC 106, an introductory computer science and general education course.
- Coordinating a team of 8 teaching assistants, supporting 100-150 students per semester
Software Engineering Intern, Walmart Inc., Bentonville AR
Software intern for in-house supply chain software for perishable & perpetual inventory management
- Wireframed, programmed, and wrote unit tests for new internal React web application
- Participated in daily stand-up status calls as a part of the company’s Agile workflow for technology teams
- Learned how to utilize a variety of industry-standard & in-house software development packages and tools
- Assisted internal support teams in setting up our team’s software in development environments and debugging client reported issues
Student Assistant, Dean of Students Office, University of Rhode Island
May 2019 — May 2021
Developed and maintained in-house software for use by the University and provided IT support to colleagues.
- Increased site usability and web accessibility compliance by migrating several WordPress sites into a new university-wide WordPress theme
- Modernized interface to university web-publishing guidelines and increased security by implementing LDAP authentication on an internal PHP web application, that students use to browse academic rental listings
- Automated application software upgrades by implementing Continuous Deployment process (Github Actions)
- Provided technical support to application users via email/telephone
Ram Hacks - Computer Science Intrest Group, University of Rhode Island
September 2018 — Present
- Recruited new members by representing RAM Hacks at the student club/organization fair
- Led workshop for new CS students on using Git/Github and basic Unix Shell commands
- Organized remote programming challenge tournaments during Covid-19
- Created & currently manage organizations’ WordPress website (uri.edu/ramhacks)